Saturday, November 27, 2010

DIY- A Built In Over The Door Decorative Shelf Reveal


Here it is, our built in over the door decorative shelf. I just love how it turned out. We can now change the items we choose to display through out the season.

We hung some realistic looking dried pine cones and berries garland by sticking some of those clear temporary plastic hooks on the front of the molding to the shelf.

I think it looks great, and has a very natural look to it, I might just keep it up all year long as part of our country them. Hope you enjoyed this project and feel inspired to do one similar. In the future I plan to do two more over the two french doors in the back of the house, but I think I'll save those till spring time. Thanks for stopping by, more DIY projects to come soon. I'll be posting how to build your own fireplace mantel with pegs for hanging your stockings.

Nicole

2 comments: