Tuesday, November 2, 2010

DIY Chandelier Cranberry Candle Wreaths

Hello everyone, I'm really excited to tell you about this project. They are cranberry candle wreaths, that look great when added to your lighting fixture. These are allot of fun to make and are very easy and inexpensive, which is the best part. A quick little project to help get your home ready for the holidays.

I'm making these for a 10 arm chandelier in my dinning room.








To make the cute little cranberry candle wreaths you will need some small grape vine wreaths, that you can find at most craft stores. I got mine at Michaels for 49 cents each x 10 of them so they cost me under $5.
The next thing you will need is a vine of what ever kind of holiday garland you choose, cranberries, holly, little green leaves, candy or gum drop themed, what ever you find that would fit your theme this year. I would like to use mine all year round as I am doing a country theme in my dinning room, so I went with red cranberry. This 5ft vine was on sale so it cost me under $5.

The first thing you need to do is cut little twigs off the main vine, I found that 3 little twigs is enough per wreath.
Then you weave the end of each twig into the wreath, if you picked a vine with a brown color stem it will blend right in with the wreath so you don't even need to hid end of the twig, it just looks like it's part of the wreath.
Begin bending the twig around the wreath in a sort of spiral. Then start positioning your berries or leaves, bending them in what ever random direction you want them to go. Try twisting some of the berry's wires together to help hold them in place. 
If you like you can also purchase some craft wire and wrap this around the whole wreath when you are done to secure the berries into place, but this isn't necessary. I didn't use any additional wire, I wanted the berries to be scattered about so that you could easily see them from a distance.

When you have made enough wreaths you can then transfer them to your chandelier. Most candle like chandeliers will have a little "wax trey" at their base, which is perfect for these cute little wreaths to sit in.


This is a great project that instantly transforms a boring light fixture. The red berries I chose really contrast against the newly painted yellow walls in our dinning room. I plan to leave them up all year round as part of my new primitive country theme I am starting in there.

I hope you enjoyed this little project of mine, all done for about $10. This project is so easy and can be a shared family craft. If you have children, give them each a wreath to decorate. Some times I have my son help me out with little projects like this in between our home school classes.


I have some more projects coming up along the lines of primitive home decor that I can't wait to share with all of you, so keep checking back for more.

Thank you for stopping by,

Nicole

1 comment:

  1. What a fun project! The finished photos look great...very festive!!

    ReplyDelete